Friday, September 02, 2005

Hang in there, baby!

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/02/national/nationalspecial/02cnd-bush.html?hp&ex=1125720000
Mr. Bush reached for a note of hope and cheer, declaring that out of the darkness and chaos "a fantastic Gulf Coast" would emerge.

A Gulf Coast of Savagery! Super Science! And SORCERY!



President continues to go insane:

Before he departed for the region, he told reporters in Washington that "I'm looking forward to my trip," but later, in Mobile, he said, "I'm not looking forward to this trip."

PLATITUDES WON'T CLOTHE MY BABIES!
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/sns-ap-bush-katrina,1,4602683.story

In Biloxi, Miss., Bush encountered two weeping women on a street where a house had collapsed and towering trees were stripped of their branches. "My son needs clothes," said Bronwynne Bassier, 23, clutching several trash bags. "I don't have anything." "I understand that," Bush said. He kissed both women on their heads and walked with his arms around them, telling them they could get help from the Salvation Army. "Hang in there," he said.




Bush to women: "There's a Salvation Army center that I want to, that I'll tell you where it is, and they'll get you some help. I'm sorry.... They'll help you.....
Woman 1: "I came here looking for clothes..."
Bush: "They'll get you some clothes, at the Salvation Army center..."
Woman 1: "We don't have anything..."
Bush: "I understand.... Do you know where the center is, that I'm talking to you about?"
Guy with shades: "There's no center there, sir, it's a truck."
Bush: "There's trucks?"
Guy: "There's a school, a school about two miles away....."
Bush: "But isn't there a Salvation center down there?"
Guy: "No that's wiped out...."
Bush: "A temporary center? "
Guy: "No sir they've got a truck there, for food."
Bush: "That's what I'm saying, for food and water."
Bush turns to the sister who's been saying how she needs clothes.
Bush to sister: "You need food and water."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home