Monday, September 12, 2005

Jollibee Sunday! Palabok Fiesta!

From the Jollibee website: "Partake of our very own Filipino pasta. A serving of high-quality bihon noodles topped with a special pork-shrimp sauce, garnished with pork strips, shrimps, toasted garlic, flaked smoked fish, pork cracklings, and sliced eggs."

Now, I couldn't find a bigger picture of the Palabok Fiesta - and I might even go to Jollibee and order this so I can describe the smell to you, but to my mind, I don't know where that orange-y sauce comes in from the description. Is that the special pork-shrimp sauce? I don't think so. That's the brown stuff covering the pork strips and shrimps. It seems like there's a layer of smooth rich butterscotch topping on the high-quality bihon noodles. And that would truly be Food of the Gods.

1 Comments:

Blogger E. S. de Montemayor said...

the orange sauce is made up of eggyolks, shrimp stock, cornstarch, spices.... it's very savory and it's kind of an acquired taste....

good luck

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home