Friday, October 28, 2005

Things that prove I live in the third world

1. Soiled mattresses are thrown into the street daily.

2. Average number of piles of feces (mostly dog, but still...) to be avoided on any one block near my apt.: Seven.

3. Average number of men I see drinking alcohol while walking to the train stop at 9:30 am: Four.

4. The infant mortality rate is higher than anywhere in Europe except Greece and Spain.

5. Number of times I catch at least a whiff of urine on my way to work: Eight.

6. There is actually a reasonable chance that I will be shot at, or at least threatened with a gun, at some point in my life.

7. My neighbors don't start screaming until well after 2 a.m.

8. Fireworks for any occasion: Halloween, cinqo de septembro, ocho de mayo, pay day, Radiers win...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Last point (about the fireworks) sounds like Australia. Definitely a third world country, in my no-pinion.

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home